This post is meant to be a summary of my work over the last fifteeen days and a discussion on what follows, the issues I face and so on. I have finally managed to get Hildon desktop running outside scratchbox, something I was stuck with when I gave my first report. I have a certain sort of UI running at the moment, and the recipes for which are done and will be released after testing this week. They are currently hosted at http://github.com/rkirti/maemo-oe/tree/master
Laugh at me if you wish to, or call it heights of craziness.
I wouldn’t be surprised,since most of my classmates (and non-classmates too) find my addiction for writing well-highlighted notes in >= 3 colors ridiculously amusing anyways.But then, old habits die hard, and as I find myself using Vim these days for everything I can, I miss the good old luxury of color and personalization of notes that pen and paper provide. I could switch to a normal word-processor and use the M$ style WYSIWYG formatting – but that would be like tasting bitter-gourd after fig ice-cream 😉
So I tried to see if I could do some quick job to make those additions to Vim today- keeping a couple of my notebooks with me to see the requirements. This is what I could get –