- Mindset, the new psychology of success, Carol Dweck: Sal Khan’s talk
- Built to last, Jim Collins: Pat Gelsinger’s talk
Womens’ Day Sessions:
- Management is not command-and-control as Indian upbringing tells you – it is about gaining influence, gaining credibility, recognizing the best ideas and having the ability to marshall people towards them. (Paulette Altmaier)
- Don’t need to know 100% of the role before stepping into it. Nobody has done the POTUS job before – they all step into it, some do a good job. (Anjali Joshi)
- The biggest mistakes made (as admitted by panelists about their own career) was to not imagine a big enough future for themselves. (Paulette Altmaier).
- Tipping point is 30% of a team being women – that’s when the culture changes for good. Google strives for this, one of the ways is to have 50% females in the intern batch and encourage the interns.
Vinod Khosla Keynote